Working with gas
Working with gas doesn’t have to be dangerous if you follow the rules for installations.
Rules for gas installation
- Only class 1 or 2 copper piper or other approved gas piping may be used. (This is not the same copper piping as used by plumbers).
- Copper piper going through a wall, must be sleeved
- An approved flexible gas hose may be more than 2 meters long.
- A hose may not go through any partition or wall.
- The Machinery and Occupational Safety Act of 1993 requires buildings to hold a certificate of compliance for any electrical and gas installations.